The vision of the Institute for Financial Literacy at NJCU (IFLEE) is to empower our community to pursue a lifetime of financial health by providing the tools and resources needed to make sound investments and informed financial decisions.
The mission of the Institute for Financial Literacy at NJCU (IFLEE) is to promote and improve financial literacy skills among the greater Jersey City community by conducting research, providing public services and programs, and hosting courses, seminars and workshops.
The IFLEE has the following objectives
1. Advance personal finance knowledge among the greater Jersey City community, thus improving their ability to plan for important financial decisions and milestones in their lives.
2. Improve financial literacy among NJCU students so that they can increase their financial independence and make informed decisions for a lifetime of financial well-being.
3. Improve financial literacy among NJCU staff and faculty, so that they can help and guide students with financial decisions as well as improve their own financial well-being.
4. Advance the teaching of financial literacy/personal finance in K-12 classrooms by providing professional development for teachers.
5. Conduct research on the improvement of financial literacy through innovative and effective teaching/delivery methods.